Please sign in to post.

Cannes

Hello,
We will have one day to visit Cannes and I would like to take my mom to visit the perfume capital! This is one of our cruise stops. I think there is a perfume factory an hour away. Is it possible to get there on our own and how or should I just find a tour group?

Posted by
43 posts

Hi S.L.

The perfume capital you are referring to is Grasse. There is a train and bus connection from Cannes. However the train connection is disrupted at the moment following recent flood damage so you should check on that.

There are a number of "perfumeries" in Grasse and I do recommend you visit one, they are interesting and you can purchase original gifts, there is also the International perfume museum in the centre which is quite fascinating.

Best

Peter

Posted by
38 posts

Thank you Peter for your response. I am wondering is there an English version on the Cannes train website? I can't find it. Also is it easy to take the train from Cannes to Grasse to visit the perfume factory? Or maybe I should just take a tour?

Posted by
43 posts

Hi S.L.

I've only used the train a few times and it seemed easy enough to me though I speak French. But the train station in Grasse is at the bottom of the hill so you would need to walk up or get a bus to the centre.

Your call really as to which one to go for. I've never been with a tour group so I couldn't say. But you do have the choice.

Best

Peter