Please sign in to post.

Cannes

Hi there,

The wife has to be in Cannes for a week for business in June, so I'm tagging along. She'll be busy during the day, allowing me time to play. We've been before, years ago for the film festival, and explored St. Marguerite, Grasse, Eze, Cassis, Monaco, St. Tropez, etc. We arrive from London on a Saturday, and she has to work Sunday, before we leave for Paris on Friday.

I'm looking for things for me to do during the day, as well as suggestions on restaurants and bars. I'm an avid photographer, and would welcome suggestions on where to shoot sunrises and sunsets. I don't think we went to Antibes, is there anything there to see or do?

Thanks!

Posted by
3941 posts

Will you have a car? I like taking photos too, and really enjoyed St Paul de Vence - I like taking photos of old doors and narrow alleys and this place was chock full of them.

Posted by
5 posts

Hi Nicole,

I'm not sure if we will have a car or not, but I'm thinking that we probably won't. Might rent a scooter though.

Jeff

Posted by
11294 posts

If you haven't been to Haut de Cagnes, go. In addition to Renoir's house, it's a lovely hilltop village with great views (photos from there would be great).

I liked the vibe in Juan les Pins more than Antibes, but they are easy to visit together as they're connected by frequent trains and local buses.

When going from Cannes to Nice or destinations further east, the train is about twice as fast as the bus, and therefore much less frustrating (well worth the small extra cost).

Posted by
5 posts

Haut de Cagnes might be a little far, if I don't have a car, but Juan les Pins might be nice to check out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted by
4392 posts

Do beware of the film festival, this week's Variety is their Cannes issue so if it's not underway, it's about to start

Posted by
5 posts

Years ago we were there for the film festival and it was a lot of fun, though crazy crowded and hard to make restaurant reservations.