Please sign in to post.

Canceling France 2021

I know how blessed I am...... I really do......but I am still sad that today Hubby and I are officially cancelling our May 2021 trip to the Dordogne......Looks like France will not be open in time to make this 2 week trip work......and we are hesitant to invest $ in going as we have no idea what we will face there. I am thrilled to hear that as of early June some changes will be made, just not in time for us to make it work......we are 68 and 69 and the time clock is ticking......and we want to get over there and do as much walking and touring on our own as we can before our knees begin to hurt and we tire out. We think our fall trip to Switzerland will materialize......but I do love France in May and we will just have to relive our past trips through our videos and movies......still incredibly eager to also see the lavender blooming in July........

Posted by
7357 posts

That’s a bittersweet situation, Jane, and this pandemic messed things up in untold ways for everybody. Switzerland should be that much more special this fall. France will be there, when you’re able to get there. Your patience will be rewarded. Stay well in the meantime.

Posted by
6113 posts

We too were due to head to France 12 May for 6 weeks, but that isn’t going to be happening. We are banned from leaving the U.K. until 17 May at the earliest plus France isn’t a place to be at present with their infection rates and restrictions.

Hopefully next year will be better.

Posted by
1371 posts

Bummer and I know how you feel - we'd be in French Polynesia right now if they hadn't closed. Perhaps you can add some time this Fall and do both Switzerland and France. As a May alternative Mexico is open. We visited Los Cabos last month and really enjoyed it!

Posted by
41 posts

Dear Jane,
I'm so sorry about your trip being cancelled. My husband and I turn 69 this year and we too are really concerned time will not be kind if we wait to much longer to travel. But we are still going to plan.
All the best,
Lynn
We too want to go to the Dordogne! See you next year!

Posted by
9567 posts

France isn’t a place to be at present with their infection rates and restrictions.

Jennifer has it exactly right, unfortunately.

Numbers (of cases, of deaths, of people in ICU) are finally noticeably going down — but they are still unconscionably high.