Please sign in to post.

Camargue - Saintes Marie de la Mer

Has anyone stayed here in the Camargue for a few days? I'm interested in your experience. Any Hotel/B&B suggestions? Thanks sue

Posted by
782 posts

Just a day trip from Arles,worth going to.
Mike

Posted by
2537 posts

There are a number of fabulous hotels near the Camargue where you can stay if you like. For any recommendations, please give your budget window in euros and the time of year you are going.

Any trip to this area should include a stop at the Parc Ornithologique just outside of Saintes Maries de la Mer.

Posted by
10178 posts

We drove through on our way from Arles to the Perpignan area. We made stops in Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer and Aigues-Mortes. We enjoyed spending a few hours in each location. Depending on your interests and what time of year you would be there could dictate what you would want to do. A few days might be a bit much.

Posted by
26840 posts

I spent one night in Aigues Mortes last year, which gave me a few hours to walk up and down the streets inside the walls. I enjoyed it, but it is an extremely touristy place. Depending on the time of year, I think you may need mosquito repellant, and I wonder about the mistral during the off season.

Posted by
154 posts

I am going in mid June. Budget is mid range - $80-150 per night. I'm interested in the birds, horses and beaches and am not pressed for time. thanks sue

Posted by
2537 posts

Assuming you want to stay in town, I might suggest the following:

Chambre d´hôte

Mme CARRIE Colette

16, rue Jean Jaures

13460 Saintes Maries de la Mer

Telephone: +336 22 72 34 05

email: colette.carrie at wanadoo.fr

80€ to 95€ per night

Hotel

l´Abrivado