Please sign in to post.

Calife Dinner cruise

Hello there
Will be going to France this year with hubby . Doing research on Dinner Cruises . I found a topuc here for Calife cruise and i saw many recommendations . Have a few questions ( Their website is very difficult on phone)
1. How long is the Dinner Cruise
2. Does one start late maybe at 9 pm
3. Are all the tables next to the glass windows
4. Does the boat have glass roof as well
5. Are drinks included in the price
6 . Where does one embark for the cruise and where does one disembark ( will be staying in Champs du mars hotel)

Posted by
277 posts

It's been a couple of years so it's a little fuzzy but we had a lovely time on the Calife. The dinner cruise is a couple of hours. They begin going up river well past Notre Dame, then turn around and go down river to the Eiffel Tower; and arrive just as the lights are twinkling on the Tower before returning to their starting dock. Yes, the cruise starts around 9. (We're morning people so a small nap helped.) Yes, all tables are next to windows with a glass roof. Champagne is included in the price but we opted for a bottle of wine, too. The Calife is on the left bank just down river from the Pont des Arts bridge. You can't miss it. Stand on the bridge, face toward the Eiffel Tower, and then look down. After our dinner in the Eiffel Tower, this was our most memorable dinner in Paris over the four different times we've been to Paris. They rent the boat out for special occasions (such as expensive weddings) so they can put you on a waiting list but they don't confirm reservations until a month before the date. We loved it.

Posted by
3 posts

Thomas so nice . Thank You . You are sounding like a pro in Paris already .., thanks for this response

Posted by
248 posts

I can't add anything to all the answers that Thomas gave you as I was about to write all the same things. I highly recommend the Calife dinner cruise and hope you enjoy it as much as we have. We have done it twice and will do it again hopefully.

Posted by
2466 posts

The website says that the food is "elaborated" on the boat. Which means that it is cooked elsewhere and just put on the plate.
All drinks are included in the price. If you want wine, you will have to purchase it.