Please sign in to post.

Bus Tours in La Route de Vins 2016

Bonjour,

My husband and I will be spending about a week in Alsace in June. We are interested in doing a day's excursion from Colmar on la route des vins but prefer not to drive. The 2014 guidebook listed two recommended services for bus tours. One of them www.alsace-travel.com went out of business at the end of 2014 and the other website's domaine, ww.regioscope.com is for sale. Not finding anything on google searches either, Is anyone familiar with a good day bus tour or individual guide (English, if possible, because my husband speaks no French)?

Merci d'avance.

Posted by
16893 posts

Check for sure which city you can depart from. https://www.ricksteves.com/europe/france/guidebook-updates says this: Minivan tours of Route du Vin wineries are no longer offered from Colmar, but we recommend one that departs from Strasbourg: Ophorus Tours, which visits villages along the Route du Vin and includes wine tastings and time to wander (€70/person half-day, €120 all day).

Bus services still run to several towns (except on Sundays), about 6x/day in summer and 10x/day during the school season; only 4x/day to Eguisheim. See www.haut-rhin.fr, or info at the tourist office or bus station when there.

Posted by
27 posts

We have booked a Pearls of Alsace tour with Ophorus during our trip to Strasbourg next month. Will let you know how it is!
Lisa from Tampa