Please sign in to post.

bus to train

hello, we will be arriving into the bordeaux,fr. bus station via flexibus and need to transfer to a train to st emilion. where is the train station and the best way to get there?
thanks for your help, steve

Posted by
27616 posts

Do you mean Flixbus? What does your ticket say about the drop-off point in Bordeaux? I don't know whether Flixbus makes more than one stop in Bordeaux.

You'll be heading to Gare St-Jean in Bordeaux for the train to St-Emilion. It's not near the historic center, but Flixbus may stop near Gare St-Jean.

Note that the train station for St-Emilion is well outside the town--about 0.8 miles from the southern edge of the town. If you're heading to lodging in St-Emilion with luggage in hand, check on the precise location of your room. St-Emilion is built on the side of a hill, and it's quite a steep walk to the top. I didn't have a bag with me, and I still decided to pay (4 euros in 2017--correction: it was 2019) to take the little tourist "train" (really road transportation) from the train station up near the top of the town. From that point I walked slowly back downhill, sightseeing as I went. At the end of my day in St-Emilion, I walked back to the train station.

Take care if you have rain while you're in St-Emilion. There's at least one steep, cobbled street that gets very slippery when wet.