Please sign in to post.

Best places to stay in Paris in early June 2023

My husband and I will be coming to Paris from Switzerland for the very first time in Paris. We are not sure where to stay and what area. We like being in an area that is similar to a neighborhood rather than in the heart of the city. We are not sure if we want to stay in a hotel or a vacation rental for the four nights that we will be in Paris. Also has anyone taken the train from Lucern Switzerland to Paris. It is approximately a four hour train ride and I was wondering if it is worthwhile or is it better to just fly.

Posted by
365 posts

4hr train? I’d not bother flying you really won’t save time. Relax on the train.

You don’t say budget, amenities you want, etc. You need to for helpful recs.

Personally I like the 5/6th arrondissements to stay in. Bakeries, cheese shops, lots to see and easy to get to major sites. What sites you see, what your priorities are how much walking and more goes into what is perfect. Paris has near endless options so you’ll need to narrow down what you want and how much you’ll spend.

Posted by
1362 posts

Yes, in 2019 I took the train from Lucerne to Paris. Lucerne to Basel, then Basel to Paris Gare Lyon. I booked through SBB.CH. Swiss train from Lucerne to Basel, then switched to a French train for the remainder. I had a 39 minute layover. I got advice from this site to just head to Basel instead of taking a train into Zurich first, since I still would need to change trains in Basel. The process went smooth, no issues. I was in First Class/Business Coach.
I chose the train over flying because I just wanted to relax and enjoy the scenery. My hotel was within walking distance from Lucerne Train Station & my Class served breakfast.

Enjoy.