Please sign in to post.

Bedbugs in Paris

What is the latest update on the bedbugs problem in Paris? I plan to be there from October 22-24.

Posted by
27385 posts

There are several other threads on this topic where people have posted updates.

Posted by
11458 posts

And news articles every day. Sniffer dogs are being deployed on trains.

Posted by
2764 posts

The latest is there are bedbugs in your hometown, and any other city you’ve ever been to in the world, but they didn’t make the news. So it’s not a big deal. But apparently if it is in Paris, it’s national it’s a worldwide panic. Bizarre.

Posted by
3971 posts

Bedbugs have also been reported in cinemas, trains, hospitals and schools. Social media has hugely amplified public anxiety - though many videos circulating on the internet turn out to be of insects that are not bedbugs. In the latest verified case, teachers at the Elisa-Lemonnier lycée (high school) in the 12th district of Paris refused to work on Friday after several classrooms, offices and changing areas were found to have bedbugs - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67027138

I think I've seen this sci-fi movie 😅

Posted by
786 posts

In the 3 weeks since the panic started I've had no first hand repots of bedbugs from any of our clients.

I think there never was the bedbugs people said they were. It's looking like people were bitten by harvest mites, which you get on parks gardens and on farms at this time of year.

Posted by
1 posts

We are on tour now. We haven’t found any but we check our bed when we check into our room. Google how to check for bed bugs.