Please sign in to post.

Beaune

My husband and I will be going to Beaune for 3 days /nights after the conclusion of our RS - 7 days in Paris trip ending 4/28/18.
We love wine, and want to visit wineries and taste, of course. I know there are wine tours, bike tours to wineries, etc; and am trying to figure out what is a good plan to experience the region. The wine tours for two can be pricey, and/or leave out of Dijon.

I'd appreciate any thoughts/ideas.

Thank you Nancy

Posted by
4132 posts

Nancy,

There is plenty of wine stuff that you can do on your own, though I'd suggest renting a car to get to the small towns, or a bicycle (my personal choice, not necessarily yours). There's a bike rental shop in Beaune that will tailor routes to vineyards to your level of bike comfort.

In Beane, there are wine bars and at also tasting opportunities where you buy a tastevin and try different vintages. Plenty of wine tasting in the area, including tasting lunches such as the one on Aloxe-Corton. I'm not aware of what there is in Dijon, but it would be very easy for you to get there by train.

The question you need to ask is whether the tours add value to justify their cost. Which they very well might, but it's a personal call. Tours in general typically offer convenience, knowledge, and sometimes access that would not otherwise be available.

Posted by
20146 posts

Group tours with max 8 people in a van with driver/guide is not too expensive. 100 EUR pp range for a day and 3 or 4 tastings plus lunch on your own.