Please sign in to post.

Bayeux Hotel

Looking for hotel for 100-120 per night in Bayeux. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by
7880 posts

I stayed here it was not bad but you might find a better:
http://www.premiereclasse.com/en/hotels/premiere-classe-bayeux

it is 10 minute walk to the train station and the old town where you can see the beautiful Bayeaux Cathedral and the museum with Bayeux Tapestry. There is a bus that goes to the Utah Beach American Cemetary at the train station and other tour operating companies if you want to explore D-Day Beaches

Posted by
9422 posts

You don't say what time of year... Don't know the current rates but we've stayed at Hotel d'Argouges 6 or more times and love it. Highly recommend it and the location.

Posted by
1540 posts

We stayed at Hotel d'Argouges, but also thought about Hotel Churchill. They are a few blocks from each other on the "main drag".

We found Bayeux to be very walk-able and see that having a car would almost be more trouble in the town itself....

Posted by
32214 posts

david,

If you want basic but comfortable accommodations, you could have a look at Hotel Mogador. It's in the main part of town so an easy walk to restaurants and other sights. It's been a few years since I stayed there and now has new owners, so hopefully the quality is about the same as it was on my visit.

Posted by
113 posts

We booked 5 nights at Logis Les Remparts for €400. Haven't been there yet but the reviews are good and Christele was very accommodating with some difficulties due to my bank declining the deposit twice (I got calls from my fraud dept because the charge came from France and I'm still in the US). She said it's less than 10 minutes' walk from the train station. Hope this helps.