Please sign in to post.

Bayeux car rental

We are first time visitors taking the train in April from Paris to Bayeux and staying four nights. We’d like to rent a car for our Bayeux stay. It looks like there’s a Hertz rental agency at the Bayeux train station. Is that the way to go? Thank you for any help …

Posted by
3728 posts

Everyone I know who has rented a car for a stay in Bayeux rented their cars in Caen near the rail station because the options in Bayeux are very limited. Things may have changed but I do not recall there being a Hertz near the train station in Bayeux. There used to be a Hertz location at a Total gas station but I think that may have closed and in any event it was not at the train station (about 8 minutes away by car and 45 minutes walking).

Posted by
1150 posts

Many years ago I rented in Bayeux and it was at the gas station on the periphery road (not near the train station). They were very nice, but since then I have rented in Caen (or Paris). More options, right near the station, and only 15–20 minutes from Bayeux.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you! We have decided to take the train to Caen and rent there, making the short drive back to Bayeux. Your feedback was a great help.

Posted by
5 posts

There is a Hertz office next to the Caen train station. As you leave the train station turn right and walk to the end of the block. Look right and you will see Hertz across the street. We rented from them last year to drive out to the Beaches and to Bayeux. We stayed in Caen and made day trips out. The GPS was worth every penny. Never got lost. Returning a rental there this coming May on the way to Paris from Brittany.