Please sign in to post.

Bastille Day 2015

We will be arriving at CDG the morning of Bastille Day. Any suggestions for things to do and/or avoid on this day? I know it will be extremely crowded (I live just outside D.C. and would compare it to the 4th of July?). We will be staying at the Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel.

Posted by
11507 posts

Morning of 14th a military parade on Champs Elysees.. I avoid that area.. but obviously others flock to it.. depends.. do you like big military parades and crowds.. I do not.

Most other parts of paris you will not even realize its a holiday.. I often forgot ,, until you perhaps hear or see the jet fly overs they do for a show.. very nice.

In evening thousands flock to the area around the ET , the Champs du Mars.. and various other bridges etc that give you a view of area for whne they do the fireworks.. many folks start early in afternoon staking out a place for a picnic evening ... best viewing of fireworks.. we have never done that because I can't sit on a blanket all afternoon and night without some decent bathrooms nearby.. lol.. After fireworks most folks will walk home as the metro will be positively mobbed at that time.. if you can walk back to your hotel its a great idea to walk over.. see fireworks in evening and walk back..