Please sign in to post.

Band of Brothers Tour

I am trying to decide between two options for a tour company. Does anyone have insight on either the Stephen Ambrose tour, or the Easy Company tour through the National WWII Museum? Thanks in advance!!

https://stephenambrosetours.com/tour/band-of-brothers-tour/?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwqMO0BhA8EiwAFTLgIOVg1ea0SgObcomKBjg0IW0dQqSCGtxkKBz7EnM-LSpPaIi8h-wY1xoC8-UQAvD_BwE

OR
https://www.nationalww2museum.org/events-programs/educational-travel/easy-company-england-eagles-nest

Posted by
10 posts

I can second Overlord! Just did a tour with Adam for half day on July 9 and it was excellent!

Posted by
14480 posts

Although I have not done either, both of these multi-day/multi-country tours look very good. There is a LOT of territory to cover since both start in England and end in Munich. Both have multi-night stays in some hotels and a couple of single night stays.

I like the way the website is laid out on the WWII Museum tour but that does not tell you how the tour is going to be lol.

The Stephen Ambrose tour states they will have a full time historian with the tour group. The other one says they will have actors from the movie and local battlefield guides (and local battlefield guides can be quite good)

WWII Museum tour says tips are included, they are not mentioned on the SA tour.

Both seem to include about the same number of meals.

I might have missed it but I don't see on either website how large the groups are. I'd want to ask that and would probably go with the smaller tour group. IF either are the 40-50 person groups I'd probably give them a miss.

I like the pre-tour Churchill option on the WWII Museum trip as well as the occasional Berlin addition on that trip too. I'd not be crazy about the Toccoa addition on the SA trip unless your family member was actually there.

I did NOT breakdown prices so not sure how comparable they are.

I would love to know which one you choose and hope that you will do a Trip Report when you return. I've done parts of my Dad's wartime journey as a P47 pilot and parts of his Group's journey (before he was over there) and it's pretty powerful.

Posted by
124 posts

Here's another vote for Overlord Tours. I used them (Antoine was our guide) in November 2023 and they were fantastic.

Posted by
24 posts

We also had Adam for a 1/2 day Overlord Tour in early July. He was a great storyteller, very intense. We only were able to spend about 30 min. in the cemetery, though.