Please sign in to post.

Baggage Check at the Louvre

Hello,
I will be in Paris the first week of July with my family. On our last day (Sat Jul 8th) we’ll spend a few hours at the Louvre before getting to the airport (CDG) on our way to Munich (6:30 pm flight).
Our plan is to leave our luggage (carry on) at the train station (Gare du Nord), go to the Louvre, pick up the luggage and go to the airport. I understand that the Louvre has baggage check also, do you know if is similar to the one at the train station? Or is only for small bags and won’t take something like a carry on. Rick Steves says about this “Bigger bags must be checked (though they won’t take very large bags)”
If we can use this service will be more convenient, saving us an hour or more (plus the stress) and enjoy the Louvre better.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Rene

Posted by
8095 posts

It is all self check lockers; I doubt they are big enough for suitcases. There are staff there; primarily they are busy keeping people from putting stuff in motorcycle helmet lockers other than motorcycle helmets. Museums rarely will take luggage.

Posted by
740 posts

Is your hotel close to the Louvre? If so, I would ask if they could hold your luggage after you check out. It would be easier to store it there than Gare du Nord. I haven't seen anyone with carry on luggage at the Louvre.

Enjoy your trip!