Please sign in to post.

B&B along 2019 Tour De France route

any ideas for a B&B along the 2019 Tour de France route during stages 8 & 9

Posted by
18 posts

I've haven't been to southern France yet, but I'll help out those who have and can give advice. Stage 11 is Albi > Toulouse. Stage 12 is Toulouse > Bagnères-de-Bigorre. Always good to give as much info as possible. It will maximize responses. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
752 posts

Are you wanting one night along each stage? ie. 2 b&b’s? 1 night before stage11 and 1 night before stage 12? This should be even better than Planche des Belles Filles.

I just checked booking.com and there is still b&b availability in towns and villages along both routes. Perhaps find a few that look good to you and come back to the forum members for feedback?

Posted by
2261 posts

I don't have lodging recs for you, but will point this out in case you have not thought about it: Stage 11 is a flat stage and will be very fast; Stage 12 is a mountain stage and will be completely different. The mountain stage may offer a better look at riders, and a better experience overall. Get yourself on an uphill section-they'll go by much slower, and the race will spread out a bit. If it was me I'd be shooting for the Col de Peyresourde.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Col_de_Peyresourde