Please sign in to post.

Are there showers at CDG?

We have a 4 hour layover at CDG. Does anyone know if/where are the public showers and how they are accessed? Thanks.

Posted by
20141 posts

I don't see any, but you can get a massage, facial, pedicure, etc.

Posted by
1443 posts

We have a 4 hour layover at CDG. Does anyone know if/where are the
public showers and how they are accessed?

For a juvenile reason I am enjoying the prospect of someone asking in French, "Où est la douche?"

Posted by
12172 posts

I think some of the airlines have lounges for elite passengers that include showers. I'm not a luxury traveler and only half pay attention when my friends describe their cushy trips to me ;-)

As I recall, if you aren't flying first class, you can either trade miles or cash for a pass to use the lounge. I can't tell you anything about the number of miles or cost for a pass. If your airline doesn't have a first class lounge at CDG, chances are good it partners with another airline that does have a lounge.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2013/12/22/review-air-france-first-class-lounge-paris/

Posted by
2349 posts

I don't have time to look it up now, but I think there have been threads about renting a day room at maybe Ibis or Novotel at the airport. You might see if it's worth the money to you.

Posted by
32795 posts

this is a duplicate thread to the one over on the Transportation Forum which also has answers.

Posted by
205 posts

Yes it's duplicated - I wasn't sure where to post this. And actually it's for my teen and 10 other teens who have 5 hours at CDG before their 3rd leg. They are flying Air France coach.

Posted by
2349 posts

Bad luck for the other passengers on that last flight! I doubt a hotel would let 10 teenagers use a room. Tell them to keep their toothbrushes accessible, and maybe pack a ratty old washcloth to use in the restrooms.

Posted by
32795 posts

Maybe things have changed since I went on trips with friends as a teenager many centuries ago....

but.....

do teenagers shower?

Posted by
4049 posts

But seriously.... the washcloth is a good idea, carried in plastic zip bag so it can be moved damp. Many hotels in Europe do not provide washcloths with their towels.
Anyhow, the gang will not be working up a sweat on the aircraft so a mid-trip shower is strictly a luxury.