Please sign in to post.

Apartment in Paris

Any recommendations for 2 bedroom 2 bath rental for tourists for 7-10 days? 4 senior Adults no children?

Posted by
1540 posts

I went with several friends a few years ago and we rented a lovely apt. in Pairs in the Marais district.

Commendable Rentals is the name of the company we used.
There were 8 of us (3 couples and 2 single ladies), so when we divided up the price it wasn't too bad.
It was 2 or 3 blocks to a metro station and 1 block to a bus stop. ( nice grocery market next to the bus stop)

Sorry I don't remember the exact address, but this link looks very much like the place we stayed. I remember it has a spiral staircase going from the main floor to the lower level.

Posted by
9436 posts

Vacation in Paris (VIP.com) is a good company to use. American, so easy to deal with.

Posted by
776 posts

You didn't mention the dates of your travel or a budget you have in mind. Generally 2 bedrooms 2 baths, if they can be found, are at higher price points. Depending on the timing of your day, considering the summers we've had lately from mid May to mid September you might want AC. Also take into consideration that Paris is going through a crackdown on illegal rentals. Legals are registered with the city and show the 13 digit assigned number on the websites. The number starts with 75. The illegal rental may be "caught" and taken off the market at any time without any warning leaving the guest without a place to stay.

Posted by
2466 posts

You should really look for the 13-digit registration number, first.
I doubt if you have time for a 2 bedroom 2 bath rental for adults, if you haven't done your due diligence.
You may want air-conditioning - in this case, a hotel is indicated. Rental apartments do not have air-conditioning.

Posted by
3109 posts

We booked through VRBO and will stay in Marais. I think the important thing is to do your research about location, cost, and reviews from people who have stayed in the apartment. Yes, the downside is where to put your luggage before 4 p.m. In our case the owner said we could drop off the luggage early, which was a blessing. Then, the flight changed and we don't arrive until nearly 1 p.m., so I guess it won't matter.