Please sign in to post.

any wine tasting recommendations for chateauneuf du pape and/or Gigondas?

Hello all,
I think its been covered here. but, i cant seem to find the information. Do any of y'all have any recommendations for wineries or tasting rooms that offer tastings in the Chateauneuf du Pape and Gigondas area?

Posted by
2916 posts

Domaine Pierre Usseglio in Cheateuneuf itself.
In Giggondas, you might want to check out Domaine les Goubert.

Posted by
23 posts

Agree with Chateau de Beaucastel - my favorite! Also enjoyed Domaine du Vieux Telegraph for Chateauneuf du Pape. Finally, check out Domaine de Mourchon in Seguret which near Gigondas was a great stop as well. Cheers!

Posted by
14 posts

great! thank you for the tips. do these places require reservations?

Posted by
509 posts

Rick's Provence book includes a suggested "wine route", including the village of Gigondas. We enjoyed a nice lunch in Gigondas at a restaurant named Nez, also a wine bar. Their website: http://www.nez-gigondas.com/ (I couldn't find an English button, but you'll get the idea.) We particularly enjoyed our visit to the Domaine de Coyeux winery on Rick's route. The drive up is spectacular and the tasting was fun notwithstanding our very limited French language skills. Turns out, verbal communication isn't all that important when sampling good wine. We left with a few bottles that we enjoyed the following week in Paris.

Posted by
2916 posts

do these places require reservations?

Neither of the ones I mentioned did, nor did any of the others I've visited in that area over the years. But Beaucastel probably would.

Posted by
372 posts

We really enjoyed our tasting and visit at Brotte, and the interesting Musee du Vin Brotte. It's all free, good little audio guide. The wine was fantastic too!

Posted by
160 posts

Email chateau beaucastel

I had a case shipped home from a shop called “the best vintage “ right in CdP. If you are careful you will make out ahead even with the substantial shipping costs bc of case discounts and price differences compared to the US. You can taste a number of wines there too. Remember that 2016 was a transcendent year for the southern Rhône. Buy lots of those. La maisouneta is a great restaurant in CdP. Very friendly and so delicious.