Please sign in to post.

Anniversary dinner in Paris

Looking for recommendations for an anniversary dinner. We are pretty open to most foods (but no frog legs...I just can't eat Kermit). We will be staying in the Montmartre area but it doesn't have to be close by. I also wouldn't mind keeping it under $100 but willing to go over for the right place. Any suggestions are welcomed! Thank you.

Posted by
782 posts

I think that you should consider a Bistrot like Bistrot d' Henri in the 6th,two with Wine for 80 euro.Tour 56 at the Eiffel tower with window seating around 300 Euro for two.
Mike

Posted by
3391 posts

A memorable place is Georges at the top of the Pompidou Museum. Amazing views over the city, super-uber-modern decor, and good food. They have an alacarte menu that you can do for 100 euros if you don't go nuts! Although that's hard because the wine is very good and the desserts very tempting! Scroll down the homepage to "Voir Le Menu" to see what they have on offer and the price range.

Posted by
1825 posts

Bateau le Calife for a dinner cruise. Good food and the best view of Paris. A smaller charming wooden boat unlike all the big tour boats. Request the upper deck. You won't be the only one celebrating an occasion.

Posted by
8055 posts

Is your focus food or pretty room? Our go to right now since our other favorite closed is L'Initial in the 5th not far from Notre Dame. We like to stroll around the Cathedral at night afterwards; simply stunning all lit up especially the back view.

L'Initial has a 7 course meal for 48 Euro each -- we usually add a glass of champagne. A carafe of water is free as everywhere in Paris or you can order mineral water if you prefer. The food is beautifully presented and very good. There are nibbles on the table when you sit down, an amuse, two entrees (starters), a fish course, a choice of three meat courses, two dessert courses and at the end of the meal mignardises. (i.e. little sweets -- perhaps a small macaron, a nut cluster, a madeleine etc). Really good. Ordinary white table cloth room. Quiet and pleasant.

We once did an anniversary lunch at La Tour d'Argent which was wonderful but it is pricier; but lunches at very nice places are significantly cheaper for similar meals than dinner if you want to splurge
https://janettravels.wordpress.com/2016/03/01/anniversary-lunch-at-la-tour-dargent/

We once did a birthday at Les Ombres which has a glass ceiling with a view to the Eiffel Tower and it was pretty good. More expensive than L'Initial for less but less expensive than La Tour d'Argent. Train Bleu and Bofinger both have spectacular rooms and okay food if the specialness of the room is important.

Posted by
9570 posts

Keeping it under $100 for the two of you together? That's going to be tough— you're talking just less than 90 euros for a “special” meal in Paris for two people. Even adding 50 more euros to your budget for the dinner will give you a little more breathing room.

What day of the week will you be celebrating your anniversary dinner?

Michel Rostang and family recently (last fall) took over the reins of Le Train Bleu, so hopefully the food there has improved, and it's true the beauty of the place and the history (and the drama for example of having the leg of lamb trimmed at your table) make it a special place.

Posted by
24 posts

Kim- our anniversary is on a Friday but we could honestly have dinner any night of the week. Price could go higher if it's an amazing spot. I'd rather have the ambiance more than anything.