Please sign in to post.

Alsace

Hi can we get to the Alsace region by train from Paris and tour the region by public transport? Want to see Eguishern, kysersburg and Colmar?

Posted by
20002 posts

TGV will take you right to Colmar from Paris Gare de l'Est. Buses by the station go to Kaysersberg and Eguisheim.

Posted by
388 posts

You can see train schedules on www.bahn.com. Local bus schedules will have to be found once you get there.

Posted by
15576 posts

I saw on another post that you are considering a car rental. You will certainly see more by car. It's quite easy to drive in Alsace. I stayed at a B&B in Eguisheim and spent 3 days exploring. Loved it all.

Posted by
742 posts

Colmar is a wonderful base in the Alsace region. There was a wine festival in town the week we were in Colmar. Check out the Colmar Tourism web site for events. My husband and I usually take public transportation when we travel. While in Colmar, we enjoyed the 10 min. train ride to the village of Turckheim. Also, we took a shuttle bus from the train station to Chateau du Haut-Koenigsbourg and visited the Monkey Mountain on the way back where you can hand feed Barbary macaques. Another day we took a bus to the town Riquewihr. The TI in Colmar helped us with all of the schedules. We had a wonderful time.