Please sign in to post.

Alcôve & Agapes Bed and Breakfast in Paris?

Has anyone used http://www.bed-and-breakfast-in-paris.com and stayed in one of the accommodations, specifically with a host named Carol?
We have paid down on a 4 night stay, the balance is due in cash upon arrival, which has us wondering how to get that kind of cash - here or there - and if there, if that kind of money will be allowed to be taken at one time in one day.
I digress. After paying the down payment, we asked if we could stay an additional night later in the trip, was quoted a price, and then as plans were updated we asked for 2 additional nights (we are going to Normandy for a few days while there). I’m being told that the info is being withheld until I’ve paid for the two other nights.
At this point, we have a reservation for first four nights we have paid upon, but no confirmation info has been given to us.
The price for the 2 additional nights is now more than the 1 extra night we were quoted.
I think all will be fine, but I’m feeling a little anxious and just wondering if fellow travelers might share their experiences that might help me feel better about moving forward or if we should go somewhere else for the additional 2 nights. Though I think it would be nice to return to the same place so that perhaps we could just take weekend bags to Normandy instead of entire cases.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by
23178 posts

I am having a little problem following your question. You have reserved four nights, paid a deposit, and a balance is due on arrival -- How much ???? Correct so far? You wantrd an additional night but it is not a fifth night but an additional night later in the week. Then that was changed to two additional nights together but later in the week. ....The price for the 2 additional nights is now more than the 1 extra night we were quoted..... Of course, it is two nights instead of one. Or were you expecting, "Stay five nights and get the sixth night free." And then you are asking to store you extra luggage when you travel to Normandy.

....I’m being told that the info is being withheld until I’ve paid for the two other nights...... I don't follow that. What info? Seems to me they are concerned that you might skip out on the final two nights. I think they are looking at it as one reservation of 4 and 2 nights and expect to be paid for the entire reservation. Think that is reasonable. Everything seems to beOK if I understand what you are doing.

Also keep in mind that there is a big crackdown on B&Bs in Paris and they need to have some type of a registration number.

Posted by
776 posts

"Also keep in mind that there is a big crackdown on B&Bs in Paris and they need to have some type of a registration number"

I only know about the "crackdown" on illegal apartment rentals, those without registration numbers. B & Bs to my knowledge are not involved in this as they are an entirely different entity.

Posted by
752 posts

Have you thought about contacting Alcoves and Agapes directly? This I may be just a misunderstanding and Françoise and her team can probably sort it out quickly for you. Hope this helps!
Alcoves contact form

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you for your help!
Frank, I guess I did a poor job explaining. We were not looking for a free night at all. Having never done this before, I found myself a bit afraid of what was happening: I had already given money, was about to give more money, and I had nothing to show for it. And the price for the two additional nights being more than quoted was a computer glitch and now resolved.
Barbara, Francoise is a dear; I have enjoyed emailing with her. I think we are working through translation and that can take time.
I think all will be well. Travel so far from home after not having done it in so long has caused a little anxiety and I needed some help. Thank y’all for it.
I pray we can travel through the strike situation and have an enjoyable trip.