Please sign in to post.

Albi accommodations

My husband and I need to find Albi accommodations for 2 nights in September between the cathedral and the train station or just near the train station. We don't expect to have a car. Any suggestions?

Posted by
101 posts

We had a tough time with accommodations in Albi three years ago. We left our reserved hotel shortly after checking in, because the room was unacceptable. I'm not sure that place is even still in business. We tried several other hotels and B&Bs within a half hour radius and came up empty handed.

We finally ended up at the Ibis, which turned to be quite all right. Their companion hotel, Ibis Styles, is actually the 2nd ranked hotel in town.

Albi is a great city. Even if you have a little trouble finding a hotel you like, it's worth visiting.

Bruce

Posted by
3949 posts

We stayed at a private home in Albi for several weeks and have no personal hotel experience but based on what I know about this beautiful city I think I'd stay at one of the two highly rated Ibis hotels which are about half way between the train station and the city center (about 60€ per night in September) or the small boutique hotel Alchimy, which costs twice as much but gets great ratings too on Tripadvisor. You can check hotel ratings, position in the city, prices and availability by using the map search function on a site such as Booking.com or TripAdvisor.com.

Except to pick people up at the train station twice, we never had reason to venture over into the train station neighborhood in an entire month. I think if I were you I'd stay closer to the cathedral, river and city center.

Posted by
612 posts

Thanks for your advice. I'll check these hotels out.

Posted by
612 posts

Thanks again. I appreciated it.