Please sign in to post.

Airport transportation

Best way to travel from CDG aripot to city center. Hotel B Montmartre. Joining tour in early October. ???

Posted by
13934 posts

Hmm, well best for me might not be best for you, lol!

I always take a cab from CDG to my hotel. I'm tired, I'm jet lagged and I don't want to deal with public transportation when I'm not at the top of my game. The fare is a flat rate - 50E to your hotel in Montmartre and all of the Right Bank. 55E for anywhere on the Left Bank.

You exit from immigration and customs and follow the signs to the official taxi rank. Don't go with anyone who comes up to you and asks if you want a cab. Have your hotel name and full address printed out so you can just hand it to the driver.

Have a wonderful time on your tour! Which one? Paris and Heart of France?

I hope you are going a few days early!

Posted by
11507 posts

I would take a taxi - I have taken the rer when I know where my hotel is and I don’t have much luggage - and prefer to do it when I am not tired after a transplant if flight , it is cheap and fast , however for groups then a taxi is almost always better- taxi is 50 or 55 euros door to door - train is 10.50 euros / so fro a group why hassle with train when for an extra few euros you can take a taxi

Write down the FULL address of your hotel on a slip of paper , and write down the set price ( your hotel is right bank so cost is 50 euros ) that way the taxi drivers is aware that you are aware of the set price . Say “ bonjour “ to your driver first - then hand him the paper . Enjoy Paris

Posted by
6501 posts

I too would recommend a taxi for the reasons Pam and Pat gave. But you could take the RER "B" train from CDG to Gare du Nord, then Metro or bus as described on your hotel's website (under "Map," oddly). That would cost less but mean a train change and a walk with luggage. This website tells you all you'll ever want to know about trains and Metro in Paris.

Posted by
873 posts

Take a taxi......you are tired and you need someone else to navigate while you enjoy the ride....just make sure you take the legit ones from CDG.