Please sign in to post.

Airport transfer

Hello,
There are 6 people in out traveling group. We will arrive in Paris CDG around 6pm. Can anyone recommend to us on how to get to Paris. Our place is near opera station. We have considered RER and Uber but I don’t know how reliable or easy Uber is in Paris and I don’t know the cost either since my research has given me variety of costs.

Thank you

Posted by
7838 posts

Take two taxis from the official airport stand. It is 55 euros each taxi with 3 people more or less to go where you want.

Posted by
10189 posts

50 euros, Opera is on the Right Bank. It's 55 for the left bank.

Posted by
9570 posts

As Bets said, each taxi from CDG to Opera will be 50 euros.

If there is a van big enough to take 6 passengers and luggage, it would be 58 euros (50 euros base fare + 4 euros for each additional passenger more than four passengers) — but don’t count on this being an option.

Posted by
2545 posts

At the official taxi queue there will be taxis that can hold up to 7 passages plus luggage. . There are a lot of taxi vans available at the airports. I shouldn't think it unreasonable that you will wait long for a taxi able to transport 6.

Posted by
8055 posts

You don't need two taxis; airport taxis can take up to 7. The dispatcher at the head of the line will match you with an appropriate van. It will be 50 Euro plus 8 for the two additional passengers, so 58 Euro to Opera. If you want to tip (not needed ), giving him 60 and letting him keep the change is plenty. For the return, phone the G7 English speaking taxi phone line and reserve for the next day -- make clear the size of your party; they are very reliable in my experience. It costs 7 euro to reserve ahead -- well worth it.

For what it is worth the same trip by train RER and metro to your destination would cost 62 Euro and involve lots of stairs with luggage.

Posted by
8 posts

Thank you very much for the advice. Is this a particular taxi company or it doesn’t really matter? The price is fixed or they can charge a lot more knowing we are tourists?
Thank you

Posted by
7838 posts

You are catching the Taxi from the airport 's official taxi stand queue. There are set fare rules that a driver has to follow.

Posted by
8441 posts

If you are worried about being cheated, confirm the cost with the driver directly before you get in the taxi.

Posted by
8055 posts

hand the driver a slip of paper with your address including postal code and 50E + 8 E. 58 E. printed on it.

Make sure the meter is set at 58 before you begin (or maybe 50 with 8 on a secondary meter) There are no add ons for luggage, time of day, whatever. (coming back there is a 7 Euro add on for reserving).

Generally cabbies know the rules and follow them; once we had someone try to run the meter and he clicked over to 55 (correct for our destination) when I pointed it out. I don't speak fluent friend, but I make a point to know what I am doing.

We have done this many many times and that one incident is the only issue. We have had some great cabbies like the one who came into our apartment lobby and got my bags when I had my arm in a cast and then got me a cart at the airport. I tipped him. Usually no tip is given or expected.

Posted by
2545 posts

Fares are fixed from the airports.

To recap, from CDG to Paris you pay 50€ to the Right Bank, 55€ to the Left Bank. There is a 4€ charge for each passenger from 5 to 7. There is no charge for wheelchairs or luggage. Drivers are never tipped.

The fares are established by the Préfecture de Police which also licenses and oversees all taxis operations. Taximeters should indicate the fixed fare when departing the airport. If there is any discrepancy when arriving at your Paris destination, gather your luggage and pay the fixed fare, nothing more (noting the additional charges for more than 4 passengers). Take out your phone and take pictures of the taxi license plate and parking permit number found on the right front fender which should tame any recalcitrant driver. If you ever feel cheated by a taxi driver, note the required information and file a complaint with the Préfecture:

Taxi complaint form

If you forget the rates, they are written, in both English and French, on a sticker found on the left inside rear window of every taxi.