Please sign in to post.

Airport?

which airport is best to fly into? I am booking multiple flights with kayak or sky scanner and then i called flight centre as well for a quote and the lady said she's never heard of ever booking ORY as a landing place or departure place, but i read it's actually closer to paris centre and cheaper to get to paris by taxi from that airport

i'm flying from london in september

Posted by
5687 posts

I've never flown into ORY, but like you've I've heard it's closer to the center of Paris than CDG. I don't see why I wouldn't fly into ORY if prices and schedules were about the same.

But from London, i'd prefer to take the Eurostar train to Paris instead if at all possible. The only reason I wouldn't would be that I am already at a London airport trying to get to Paris, not already in the center of London.

Posted by
8047 posts

I would always choose ORY if I had a choice. It is closer to Paris and thus has a cheaper cab right and is generally a bit easier to get through formalities.

Posted by
52 posts

that's what i thought and today when on the line with a flight centre agent she said she's never heard of that because flights are more expensive to and from there.

Posted by
7827 posts

ORY is popular. But hey the only thing that would matter to me is the price as there are so many flights from London to Paris.
sorry why would you need to call someone for prices when you are using a search engine that shows prices for such a short aflight?

Posted by
52 posts

i wanted to compare with flight centre, and i've never booked flights online like this before so i thought it might be safer to do multiple flights with a company i am familiar with

Posted by
7827 posts

ok; it that just seemed unusual.
but I would forget Kayak and Skyskanner and calling people sometimes they charge you for the service;
just use google flights see the best price and book directly with the airline site online with credit cards no debit cards

Posted by
52 posts

fair enough jazz...
i'm very very very new at traveling, my planning started with pencil and paper and where i WANT to go
it's getting close to going, i haven't put the pencil and paper away
heading to google
someone else said do that on google and then go to the airline company direct

Posted by
7827 posts

Speaking as a professional librarian, if you plan travel yourself w/ pen and paper you need to read a travel guide book (a more credible source) most likely available in your public library over what strangers on the internet say; you can combine both

Posted by
4842 posts

Naomi , there's no need to deal with Flight Center. Remember, they are essentially a travel agency, and their aim is to earn commissions. They have no interest in saving you money by steering you towards discount airlines.

Use the websites already mentioned to find the flights you need, then book on that airline's website. Many discount airlines fly out of smaller airports rather than the bigger international ones. You'll find flights out of CDG and Orly as well as BVA (Beauvais). But make sure you know what you're buying. Read up in advance about their luggage restrictions (checked luggage is always something you'll pay extra for). EasyJet flies out of both CDG and Orly. Ryanair flies out of BVA.

You already know from your other thread that I don't recommend flying to Paris from London. The Eurostar makes more sense, especially if you book early enough for a discounted ticket. Paris to Venice by air makes much more sense. You'll find lots of options for that one.

Posted by
52 posts

I booked tickets yesterday on eurail for both of us from London to Paris. I saw some open jaw tickets on AirTransat for $1100 each from Van to London and Rome to Vancouver. $350 for the flight to and about $750 for the flight return

Posted by
52 posts

I couldn't add my flight from Paris to Venice (meant to add that to my last post) on the AirTransat site it only gave me like 4 choices in Canada so weird.