Please sign in to post.

4 Days in Paris

Hi!

I will be stopping in Paris for a few days before my 2 week trip to Spain. I will be flying out August 25th and landing around 12:30 PM the next day, hopefully with my long flight I'll get plenty of rest and be ready to explore the city after checking into my B&B (which is near champs elysees and Arc de Triomph), and will fly out at 2:30pm August 30th. So really I'll have 3 full days and half a day after I land. Because I've been researching Spain so much, poor Paris is getting left out. I really want to check out Palace of Versailles, which I understand is out of the city a bit. Any tips or suggestions for a 3.5 day itinerary and how out of the way Palace of Versailles is would be much appreciated!

Posted by
2261 posts

Hi alexis, you don't say where you'll be flying from, but if it's the U.S., in particular the West Coast, chances are good you will experience some jet lag. Good to plan on light outdoor activity when you arrive, there is plenty to see just walking around. We have been to Paris twice for a total of thirteen nights, and have not seen fit to battle the crowds-and heat-at Versailles for a day. I'm sure it's lovely, but with 3.5 days you will have way more to do and see in town than you will be able to.

Posted by
5697 posts

If you decide that Versailles is a must see for you, it's a 45 minute ride on the RER so easy to get to from RER station near the Eiffel Tower. Get Rick Steves' Paris book from the public library for lots of suggestions -- I love Monet so Orsay and Orangerie museums are high on my list, plus stained glass windows at Notre Dame and Ste. Chappelle, and 1-hour boat ride on the Seine. J'aime Paris!!

Posted by
7175 posts

Make sure you buy a 4 day Paris Museum Pass

Wed 26
Arrive 12:30

Arc de Triomphe & Champs Elysees
Notre Dame
Pompidou Centre (modern art collection) ...closes 9pm

Thu 27
St Chapelle (amazing stained glass) ...opens 9.30am (summer)
Musee Rodin (famous bronzes in beautiful gardens)
Invalides (Napoleons tomb)
Musee d'Orsay (Impressionism) ...closes 9.45pm Thu
Seine River Cruise

Fri 28
Eiffel Tower
Sacre Coeur & Montmartre
Tuileries Gardens & Orangerie (Monet's waterlillies)
Louvre ...closes 9.45pm Wed, Fri

Sat 29
Versailles
Musee Quai Branly (artifacts from Africa, Americas, Asia, Oceania) ...closes 9pm Thu, Fri, Sat

Sun 30
Luxembourg Gardens
Depart 14:30

Posted by
15576 posts

What are your interests? There's way too much to see and do in Paris, so you have to narrow it down. Walking tours, art museums, gardens and parks, churches and cathedrals.