Please sign in to post.

4 days in Paris

My husband and I will be traveling to Europe for the first time this summer and will end our trip with four full days in Paris. Any suggestions for an optimal itinerary? Here's a breakdown:

Tue May 30: Morning flight from Venice to Paris. Check in to Airbnb. (Any tips for what to do this afternoon and evening?)
Wed May 31: Paris day 1
Thu June 1: Paris day 2
Fri June 2: Paris day 3 (sadly my husband may have to work this day--remotely of course, on his laptop--but obviously we want to plan a fun day anyway, just with some flexibility in case he's stuck working and I will be off on my own)
Sat June 3: Paris day 4
Sun June 4: Flight home to Boston

Also, any tips on best days and times to hit sites like the Louvre? And I'm assuming it's best to buy museum passes to skip lines but please let me know your thoughts on this. Many thanks!

Posted by
11131 posts

On Tues, May 30, what time can you check into your AirBnB. Most rentals are ready later in afternoon and you have to contend with luggage..
Buy your museum pass at a lesser visited site, no lines. Check days museums are closed and plan around them. Louvre and d'Orsay are usually closed on different days. Buy Rick's Paris guide book which will help you plan your days.

Posted by
7175 posts

If you are planning to visit the 4 big museums then your days slot nicely into their late closing schedules.

Wed - Louvre til 21:45
Thu - Orsay til 21:45
Fri/Sat - Quai Branly til 21:00
Fri/Sat - Pompidou til 22:00

So indulge in a leisurely late lunch after morning sights, then recharge for an hour or so in one of the fabulous green spaces ...
Wed - Jardin du Luxembourg
Thu - Tuileries
Fri - Champ de Mars & Trocadero
Sat - Place des Vosges
... before hitting your museum about 16:00. A light late supper will then be all you need afterwards.