Please sign in to post.

4 adults Paris 30-Apr through 4-May, 2019

Hi -- My wife and I along with another couple will be traveling through Paris for 4 nights starting the night of April 30, 2019 and are looking for a hotel on the less expensive end ($150 or less per night per room). We like quieter, less chaotic areas of the city and have stayed in the 7th arrondissement years ago with good results. We were wondering about the Marais district (something like Hôtel Marais Bastille -- which is currently going for $110 per night per room). We definitely want something quiet, clean and close to the metro. Any suggestions?

Thanks much.

Posted by
3119 posts

I can highly recommend Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, near Place de la Contrescarpe in the Latin Quarter. It is an easy walk to the Metro and the neighborhood is not overly touristy, but it does have plenty of restaurants (of various levels from cheap/casual on up) and shops. Not 100% sure if if fits your budget, but I think it would be not too far above. If we got a chance to return to Paris, we'd absolutely want to stay there again. They are so popular that they have a timed booking scheme. See
https://www.hotel-grandes-ecoles.com/index-en.html