Please sign in to post.

2018 Navigo Decouverte

Greetings- I am excited to be back in Paris this fall. In going thru my file from my 2018 visite, I found my Navigo Decouverte pass (with photo) in its plastic holder. I think there may even be a few Euros left. It was last used July 2018 (Fun watching the Tour de France final day spectacle!). I cannot tell from the official websites if it would still be valid. Wondering if anyone else has experience using an older pass or am I likely to need a new one? We are staying Monday thru Sunday so the weekly pass is perfect.

Merci! Kat

Posted by
8084 posts

there are no Euros left because that is not the way the ND works. You load a pass on it not money. You can load a day or week or month pass on it when you are back. A 2018 pass card is still usable. You can load passes on it on machines in the metro using your credit card. The weekly pass runs Mon-Sun and can be loaded for the current week through Thursday. Load it Friday and it starts the following Monday. The card is good for 10 years.

Posted by
7 posts

That is very helpful. Thx for the info. The leftover credit was wishful thinking I guess. I shall plan to add a weekly pass when I land at CDG that Monday..

Posted by
8084 posts

Machines have instructions in English and will take a credit card. You put the ND on the pink swirly patch on the machine then follow the steps to add the weekly pass. The machine will let you know when the pass has been loaded. Keep the receipt till you use it. On one occasion my card did not have the pass and I took the receipt to the window clerk who was able to load it for me.

Posted by
14006 posts

I'll just add to Janet's excellent advice that I've had the occasion where the loading at the machine did not work (probably user error, lol!!). In any event, I just went to the window and the attendant topped it up for me.