Please sign in to post.

Paris opera tickets

Good afternoon! I'm planning (along with 4 more opera-loving people), a trip to several european cities to see different operas, but have been unable to find tickets to the Paris opera (both La Bastille and Garnier) -they seem to be sold out! Any ideas? Any web page(s) that you recommend (some of the sites I've found seem pretty dodgy). Since the tickets are quite expensive, I'm looking for a reliable site to get them. Thanks!

Posted by
20103 posts

http://www.operadeparis.fr/en/ That is the official site.

I just randomly picked two dates, Tosca on November 1 and Don Giovanni on January 28, and was immediately able to get seats put in my shopping basket. I did notice that all of the lower priced tickets were sold out for both, but Tosca had 135 euro seats available, and Don Giovanni had 100 euro seats available.

You do need to register with them, but that only takes a minute. Midweek performances seem to have more lower priced availability. They do have print-at-home tickets.

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks for your quick reply! We were looking for the 50-80 euro seats -should've mentioned that, sorry. Yes, I registered on the official Paris opera site.There's only 1 seat available for Il Barbiere (3rd November), the day we arrive and the last day it's on... And L'enlevement au Serrail seems to be completely sold out (all categories) for all November representations. These were the operas we were hoping to watch, but I took a look at others that are on around those dates (Tosca, for instance), and tickets for the price range mentioned are sold out.

Posted by
809 posts

Floria (great screen name for an opera lover!), you could try calling the Paris Opera. When I tried to get tickets for Giulio Cesare last year at the Garnier, the web allotment was sold out by the time I was searching but tickets became available by phone a few months later. There is also an official site for ticket resales which I found on the Paris opera website; you could check there.
By the way, we got mid-price seats (4th price level out of 6; can't remember how much I paid) and were WAY up high in hot and remarkably uncomfortable seats. You might want to splurge a bit, both to increase your chance of getting tickets and to enjoy the show once you get there.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks Kathleen! We're thinking about going to less operas and getting better seats -you're right, it's worth spending a little extra and enjoy the experience fully. We'll call and see if they have any tickets available for L'Enlevement in November, and then check the resale option you mentioned, though we might end up seated separately (I guess it won't be easy to find 5 tickets together).

Hi there! I had the same problem as you about one year ago, when the tickets for Garnier Opera in Paris were totally sold out! After searching online during a while (it was a hard job), I found a web where I was able to buy them. They may have some agreements with Operas and other shows because I saw lots of events coming up in Europe in that webpage with the posibility of buy a ticket. I don't know what are you exactly searching for but the web is called Divento, so take a look at it.

Hope my reply has been useful lol!