Please sign in to post.

Paris Museums

Has anyone been to the Jacquemart-Andre Museum and if so where is it and how did you get there? Did you enjoy it and did you go to the Museum tea room. Thank you.

Posted by
784 posts

Yes, I've been there and had a very nice lunch in their pleasant tearoom. This is more like going through someone's home than visiting a typical museum. It is gorgeous. It is a collection of artifacts the original owners collected from around the world in their lifetime. I would go back. It is in the 8th arr. On Blvd. Haussmann. I rode the bus to get there. If you enjoy wandering through a luxurious home looking at priceless d'objects des arts, you'll enjoy this museum.

Posted by
8293 posts

It is a marvellous museum, one of my favourites. I like to think that Marcel Proust may have dined there. The museum's official website gives all details as to hours, address and how to get there, etc.. Click onto EN (for English) in the upper right-hand corner. The gift shop is one of the best. I haven't been to the Tea Room but live dangerously and try it without a recommendation.

Posted by
1318 posts

Hi Ann, I've been to the museum twice and really liked it. I also highly recommend the tea room and the gift shop. I used the Metro and then walked a couple of blocks, the website should say provide the name of closest stop.

Posted by
359 posts

These replies have convinced me to go there on my upcoming Paris trip! Since I've been to Paris several times before I am planning on visiting lesser known attractions.

Posted by
8293 posts

Sanderskn: two others for your consideration: Nissim Camondo, open every day of the year, and Musee de Montmartre. The latter is small but interesting and a nice little black cat lives in the garden, and sometimes he will pose for photographs.