Please sign in to post.

Walking tours in Paris

Hi, We will be in Paris the last week of October. I was wondering if there are walking tours that are recommended.
We will be in Paris for a week and just want to take our time to enjoy Paris.
Thanks so much.

Posted by
6711 posts

Many on this board would highly recommend Paris Walks. Easy, well priced, informative, entertaining. You don't reserve (unless indicated), just show up, so if the weather's bad you can skip it (but the walk will happen regardless). The only downside is the popularity of some of their walks, making it hard to hear the guide with so many people. They try to do most of their talking in relatively quiet spots, but street noise can be a problem with a lot of people.

Posted by
784 posts

You might also check out Paris Greeters. This is a free service where English speaking.locals give walking tours. I did a three hour tour of the Marais with a very.knowledgeable guide and it was great. You book.online and can make a donation at that time. After signing up, a guide will contact you with a proposed tour and arrangements. The donation is voluntary and the guides do not accept tips, though a coffee or glass of wine might be appreciated.

Posted by
134 posts

I highly recommend Paris Greeters. Free service, exceptional service. Volunteer organization, just make a generous donation to the organization, you cannot go wrong. Enjoy!

Posted by
15760 posts

Paris Walks Chocolate Tour is so good - the guide, Iris, tells great stories and the chocolate is yummy. Book a few days in advance. This tour always fills up.

Posted by
766 posts

We loved Paris Greeters, too. Volunteers are locals who aim to give you a Parisian slice of life experience. Be sure to book online several weeks before your trip.

Posted by
735 posts

Thanks . We will check on both Paris walks and Paris Greeters.

Posted by
2153 posts

Hi Sally, Discover Walks is another option. They have six different walks in Paris, free, tip what you want at the end of the tour. I'm planning to try one on my next visit. Please report back on your experience.

Posted by
8 posts

You also might want to check out Sandeman Tours. We took one in Berlin & Prague and they were wonderful. They are free-tipping is encouraged if you are pleased. We will be taking the tour in Paris when we are there mid-October. It's about 2-3 hrs. long and you learn much about the history and culture. Last time in Paris, we took the Hop On Hop Off Bus. That's a good way to get oriented and you can always return or get off and back on at the places you're interested in visiting.

Posted by
2261 posts

Sally, we did the Paris Walks "The Two Islands" last week, and it's an excellent primer on the origins of the city. If I'm not mistaken that particular walk happens Wednesday only.

Posted by
24 posts

To get even more specific, Paris Walks does a tour of Pere Lachaise Cemetery a couple times a month and is scheduled for one on the 26th of October. I have taken this tour twice, learning something new each time.

Posted by
335 posts

I've used both Paris Walks and Paris Greeters multiple times and have enjoyed both immensely. So choose what works best for your interests and your schedule (PG needs to be set up ahead of time so they can match you with one of their many volunteers). Have fun!