Please sign in to post.

Stroller

We're traveling to Paris with a 4 month old and we hope to use the Ergo or Bjorn carriers most of the time. However, I'm wondering if a stroller might come in handy to give our backs a rest now and then. Has anyone rented a stroller from Baby'tems in Paris? Or has anyone had experience pushing a stroller around the city - any places where it might be useful or places where we absolutely shouldn't attempt to use one?

Posted by
8293 posts

You will see many Parisian mothers (or nannies) pushing strollers. Difficult with the metro, I would think, but the buses "kneel" to make access easy for wheelchairs and strollers. There is a large space about half way down the bus to park the stroller and stand beside it.

Perhaps some restaurants would prefer that you not bring the stroller inside.

Posted by
10176 posts

My oldest was born in Paris, so we used a stroller everywhere, even in the metro, when he was an infant and toddler. However, like most mothers in Paris, my stroller was a very lightweight but sturdy umbrella stroller. I just took it on the escalators or up and down the steps. I do remember having to check it at the Louvre decades ago. Also, they can be difficult to push on the gravel in parks. However, if you can rent one that's appropriate for a four month old, you'll be glad you have it, and the baby will be happy to lean back and sleep from time to time as well.