Please sign in to post.

Staying in Nice France

My partner and I are staying in Nice for one night on August 26-27. We want to be close to restaurants and where most of the activity is because were are only staying one night.

We have been researching Air BnB options and hotels. What are your opinions about great locations or suggestion of hotels and Air BnB options.

Thanks,
Loren

Posted by
10120 posts

You might want to look at staying close to the pedestrian street, rue Massena.

Posted by
32171 posts

loren

You might have a look at Hotel Suisse. It's located at one end of the Promenade des Anglais (great views from some rooms) and easy walking distance to the markets, etc. in the old town.

Posted by
7010 posts

I stayed at Hotel Solara in Nice and it was a perfect location. It's on Rue de France which is also pedestrian street that connects to Place Massena. Lots of restaurants shopping and nightlife steps away and close to old town and flower market, etc. It's a couple of blocks from the waterfront but only a few minutes walk to the promenade.

Posted by
2094 posts

Hi Loren, a few weeks ago I stayed at the Nice Marche aux Fleurs, 91 quai des Etats Unis, Nice, E-mail: H0962@accor.com, Web: www.accorhotels.com. Great location, across the street from the promenade and beach, near many restaurants and bars. The double room was small but clean. Nice, updated bathroom. Short taxi ride to the airport.

Posted by
16893 posts

All are advising you in a similar direction, toward Place Massena and Vieux Nice for the old-town action. Rick's books list quite a few hotels in that neighborhood, if you need more suggestions.