Please sign in to post.

Trains

We're going on a thirteen day River Cruise down the Rhine and will going to Zurich after the cruise for three days. From Zurich we are flying into Paris (CDG) and plan on taking a train into Brussels. We've heard there are trains leaving from the airport to Brussels. But I only see Thalys trains leaving from Paris Nord to Brussels.

Does anyone have information on trains to Brussels from the Paris airport? Thanks in advance.

Penny

Posted by
3716 posts

There are trains from CDG to Brussels. Have you looked at www.sncf.com.en? For example, to pick a random day, on June 22nd, there are trains at 8:07 AM, 10:37 AM, 11:07 AM, 1:07 PM, etc. costing from 52 to 60 euros and taking anywhere from 1 hour and 13 minutes to almost 2 hours. If you are new to sncf, use France as your country so that you are not routed to RailEurope or try www.capitainetrain.com.

Posted by
20 posts

I would disagree with the previous contributor who suggested avoiding the Rail Europe website. It is a bit more expensive than other websites but they have great support and have been wonderful for me to work with. Most of us Americans don't have a clue how to use public transportation and they make it easy. And if you call or e-mail them, you are talking to someone in the US whom you can understand.

The main thing with ordering tickets online like this is that the earlier you get them the cheaper they are. So if you already know your plans, I would go ahead and order tickets ASAP. Most are "e-tickets" that you can print at home.

Just my thoughts.

Posted by
16894 posts

When searching for a schedule, do choose "Paris Airport Charles de Gaulle" or "Charle de Gaulle TGV station" as your departure station. There are a about six direct trains to Brussels per day. I would allow about three hours connection time. Rick’s France rail travel page has the link and tips for buying “Prems” rate TGV tickets through SNCF (cheap, reserved, nonrefundable, non-transferable, available three or four months ahead of your travel date) to print at home and pay with PayPal. It does not tend to work with US credit cards, unless you have an extra level of security set up.