Please sign in to post.

weather

Can anyone refer me to a website to obtain the average temps, rainfall, etc. for villages in the Dordogne area--Sarlat would do. I've accessed several including ones Rick has mentioned in his book, but can't find anything for that area of France. I'm just trying to get an idea of what the temps will be in late Oct. or early Nov.

Thanks, Patricia

Posted by
1216 posts

Hi Patricia. weatherbase.com. I don't see Sarlat listed, but I see about 50+ other French cities including Toulouse. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
1974 posts

You can use the quite detailed weatherinfo of www.meteofrance.com. Some translation is needed, but by clicking on the right area’s of the map, in this case first Aquitaine and then Dordogne, you will find underneath the map a list of places – Dordogne – la météo de vos villes: Select there Sarlat-la Canéda to find detailed info (numbers and symbols) about coming wheather and even a graphic about everage temperatures, sunshine (ensoleillement) and rainfall (précipitations) per month. You can't select English, but with some necessary translation effort it's to my opinion a usable website.

Posted by
396 posts

I like http://weatherspark.com/ I'm sure you can get information about Sarlat because I've done so. Also weatherspark allows you to compare the weather of 2-3 locations, so you can put in where you live and compare the weather averages to Sarlat, for example. The site is available in English.