Please sign in to post.

Lourdes

We'll be in the south of France in Montpellier for about 10 days the last part of April into May and wanted to visit Lourdes. We will rent a car. Is it ok/ safe to book a room only a few days out once we are in France? We are trying to pin the day down! Does anyone have any input on a b &d b there that you liked and can recommend? Want a place close to the site, clean and quiet and that has breakfast. Thx!

Posted by
1501 posts

Lourdes is pretty busy, it might be best to book before you leave, just to make sure you get a room. If you want to take a chance, you can use booking.com while you're in France. I am sorry I don't have any particular hotel or bnb recommendations for you.
Since you'll have a car, you won't necessarily have to stay right in town, and that may increase your last minute chances for getting a room with just a couple of days notice. You may want to look now from here and see what appeals to you, since your trip is right around the corner.

Posted by
388 posts

Normally we recommend making reservations if you know you are going to be there are at a certain time and date. If you want to leave things open ended, then at least go armed with a list of possible hotels and then call a few days in advance to see if they have availability. This will prevent you from having to go from hotel to hotel the day of looking for a room. Unfortunately we don't have any suggestions either. Try looking in a Lonely Planet guidebook. I hope this helps some.