Please sign in to post.

Eating in Paris

I will be in Paris from September 2 to 6. Staying @ Hôtel Saint-Louis en l'Isle. I am looking for decent and not overly expensive restaurants in the area to have some meals. Mostly dinner. Breakfast will just be a quick café au lait and croissant somewhere. Lunch will be anyplace we are in the vicinity of. But dinner (unless out late) will probably be close to the hotel. Any recommendations for ISL or IDLC are greatly appreciated. Appreciate your input as always!!!

Posted by
2261 posts

Hi Steve, here's a couple of links that may be helpful. Using Yelp, you can search Restaurants in Paris, then go to the "More Neighborhoods" filter and select La Cite and Saint Louis. Take a look in the 4th and 5th too, lots more there. Read carefully and try to sort out the "tourist" spots from others with a more local clientele-and take Yelp with a grain of salt. There are great places to eat all over Paris, including many budget friendly spots that are excellent, but you may have to get off the isle's a bit to find them. Thankfully, the Metro is there.
Alec Lobrano's site has a "4th and the Islands" search which brings up a few, and his review will be more comprehensive than many on Yelp.
If you don't know already, learn a few basic French words and phrases, it goes a long way to just make the effort.
Have a great trip.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=restaurants&find_loc=Paris+france&ns=1#l=p:FR-75:Paris::%C3%8Ele_de_la_Cit%C3%A9/%C3%8Ele_Saint_Louis

http://www.alexanderlobrano.com/index/

Posted by
1315 posts

I'm not sure if it's too pricy but we liked Les Bouquinistes as a splurge a few years ago, near the Pont Neuf. It's not on the island but just across the bridge. Have a great time!

Posted by
1974 posts

Website: restaurant.michelin.fr gives a lot of information about many restaurants, you can narrow down the focus on Paris, price-range, type like French, traditional, bistrot etc. If you select Bib Gourand under pulldown menu Classification you can find good value for the money places. For pulldown menu Lieu fill in: 75000 Paris, dubbel-click on the little map to enlarge and view the list of the restaurants. However it’s only in French so you have to use the translation tool.

Posted by
380 posts

Hi, Steve

I would look at parisbymouth.com. The website lists restaurants by neighborhoods. Some listed as neighborhood favorites. You can't go wrong with its suggestions.
Why limit yourself to dinner near the hotel? Paris is safe to travel in the evening. It's easy to get around on the metro. There are some restaurants that have continuous service if you don't want to stay out late. Others have early reservations around 6:00.

Posted by
656 posts

Thanks everyone. Your help is always appreciated! Please keep the suggestions coming in!!