Please sign in to post.

Easter Sunday in Paris

My husband and I are celebrating our 1 year anniversary with a honeymoon to Munich, Paris, and Edinburgh. We will be in Paris on Easter Sunday. Has anyone been in Paris on Easter? What are not to be missed events? We'd love to catch an Easter Mass or service somewhere. Where is your favorite Easter Brunch place? What should we wear? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Posted by
1174 posts

We are going to Easter Mass at Notre Dame, check their website for times during the day. We are also attending an organ recital at St. Sulpice at 4PM. There are many great places to eat on Easter and you can find many on www.thefork.com, click on Paris, or do a search on the Paris forum on tripadvisor.com. Wear anything that makes you comfortable. We always wear black levi's, black NB running shoes, and assorted shirts and tops, my wife with a colorful accent scarf. It's always chilly near the river. Most of Paris is open for business on any Sunday including Easter. St. Chapelle, with its magnificent stained glass windows, is only a couple blocks from Notre Dame, also with a website.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you so much! Maybe we'll see you there. Also, thanks for the fashion advice! I was wondering if I'd need to go spend a fortune on a chic new Easter dress. Do you know if they are strictly Catholic at Notre Dame? Should I find a veil or head covering? Scarf perhaps?

Posted by
16893 posts

Although there may be signs saying no "visiting," meaning no walking around and taking photos, everyone is welcome to attend a service. Catholic ladies do not generally cover their heads any more and this will not be expected in any European churches. You'll be fine in any reasonably modest clothing. "Brunch" is a new and relatively rare thing in Paris. French lunch is often a three-course meal more akin to dinner.

Posted by
3 posts

I look forward to seeing you all there on Easter Sunday. I hope to attend mass at Notre Dame as well on Sunday. thank you for the advise on appropriate dress.

Posted by
355 posts

I actually haven't been in Paris for Easter Sunday, but left Paris for home a few days before. If you are there a day or two before Easter, check out the chocolate/candy shops. They have the best Easter candy ever!!!

Posted by
2023 posts

High on my list if I were in Paris on a Sunday is brunch at the Jacquemart-Andre museum restaurant. The setting is elegant and lunch is nice there and have heard that brunch is fabulous. Dress up for sure. Have a great trip!