Please sign in to post.

Train from Nice to Milan

Hi all:

I know that in order to take a train from nice to milan I will have to transfer train at Ventimiglia (local train from Nice to Ventimiglia).
But I can't seem to find or book train tickets from Ventimiglia to Milan, even on Trenitalia website.
Can anyone fill me in with details?
Much appreciated.

Posted by
11613 posts

The trenitalia shows numerous trains per day from Ventimiglia to Milano Centrale, some direct take under four hours, fares from €19 to €38.

Are you typing in the Itslian station names? Are you searching more thsn 120 days out? Do you get a message (if so, we can help if you can post it)?

I made this trip last summer, so it can be done, don't give up.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks so much for your reply.
Sorry I forgot to mention I am planning to take the trip at the beginning of July.
So maybe the summer schedule is not out yet?

Posted by
1212 posts

Hi chihho. Yes, for now, just use a date prior to June 15 to see the info; schedules for July will be posted later. Use station name Milano Centrale. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
16893 posts

Although Trenitalia has committed to some of it's faster-train schedule for travel dates after June 14, they often do not publish regional-train schedules before that schedule change date. Schedules are likely to be similar to what you see in early June. There has been talk of eliminating the train connection at Ventimiglia, but you can't count on that.