Please sign in to post.

Renting an apartment in Paris

Any recommendations on apartments to rent in Paris for a week or so? Something economical but charming and in a fabulous location?

Also, what are the best neighborhoods to consider renting a place in that are convenient for walking around and seeing the sites?

Thanks!

Posted by
10226 posts

I use vrbo.com, homeaway.com and airbnb.com for apartments. Many here also recommend vacationinparis.com.

Since you are asking for neighborhood recommendations, I will assume this is your first visit to Paris. I like the 4th (Marais), 5th (Latin Quarter) and 6th (St. Germain) Arrondissments for their central locations. The closer to the river the better.

Maybe people can recommend specific apartments if you can let us know how long you need it, how many people and what your nightly budget is in euros. Many apartments have a 3-5 night minimum.

Posted by
11507 posts

Fleur.. more info needed for better answers.. How many people. Are stairs a problem. What time of the year. ETC ..

Also budget ... don't just say "affordable" or "cheap" there is way too much leeway.. I think affordable is one price.. you may think another.

I agree that the 4th 5th and 6th are ideal.. but if you tell me you are 24 and want to hit nightclubs all night.. I may suggest another area..

Posted by
6 posts

http://www.specialapartments.com/prices.html

This is a very professional outfit with excellent communication.
Lots of apartments to choose from in different locations.
We stayed in #26 in April 2013 and it was so centrally located on Ile St. Louis - it was fantastic!
Staying here made us feel more like a local than a tourist.
Had a view of the Towers of Notre Dame and top of the Eiffel Tower!

Go with this outfit and you won't be disappointed.

Posted by
77 posts

Have used Vacation in Paris twice, they were great. Units 74 and 249 both had perfect locations and are perfect flats

Posted by
9420 posts

You can't get a better neighborhood than Ile St. Louis - my favorite - so I would check out hunnybunny's rec, it looks great.

If not Ile St. Louis (which is in the 4th), then I agree with Andrea and Pat and would choose to stay in the 5th, 6th or the Marais (also in the 4th). For a first time visitor especially, these areas are the most central.
We've used ParisAttitude (Amelie Grousseau) and were happy with them.

Posted by
1113 posts

I've used Vacationinparis.com twice and have been very satisfied. Their website is very easy to use and they have an office in New Jersey so you can actually speak with a live person! I also recommend the 4,5 and 6 arrondissements. If you find a place walking distance to the Seine, you will find that you can walk to many sites in that area.

Posted by
703 posts

I will add my vote for the 6th, also known as St Germain des Pres. We stayed close to Luxembourg Gardens. Its a beautiful area but apartments can be pricey there, especially if you want a balcony. We found ours on VRBO.