Please sign in to post.

Nice day trips

I'm staying in Nice for 4 days after my Rick Steve's adventure......I have an idea of what I want to do.......but what should I do? :). I will be carless, but fairly fearless....looking forward to your suggestions and Thanks! JW

Posted by
7033 posts

I was in Nice for 3 days, took the train to Monaco for the changing of the guards and also walked through the botanical garden and had lunch in old town. On another day I took the bus to St Paul de Vence (loved it) and then took a 1-hour boat trip along the coast. The rest of the time I spent walking around Nice old town and also walked up castle hill (wonderful views of Nice from up there), enjoyed some cafe time and generally just hung out. Did not make it to any museums but wish I had - good reason to go back again.

Posted by
11507 posts

We took the public bus to Monaco.. one euro each way and very scenic! We enjoyed a few hours wandering around,, then took bus back .. but stopped at Eze Sur Mer and went to each for lunch and swim.. ( obviously our visit was in summer) .. had to pay another euro to get back on bus but we figured the day was more then worth the 3 euros each we paid for transport that day!

Posted by
1315 posts

It would help to know your interests. My favorite day trip was a bus trip to Cagnes sur Mer to see Renoir's home and garden. Also recommended is the Rothschild home and garden on Cap Ferrat.