Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower tickets

Can anyone give me the inside scoop on purchasing tickets for the Eiffel Tower during the week of April 13th 2014? On the website it seems to show that all days are sold out already, even up through June. Am I way too late to reserve a ticket (and so must wait in line) or am I too early, trying to buy tickets three months ahead of time? While I find it difficult to believe that every ticket from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. is sold out for every day for the next 5 months, it is the most iconic monument in France. Is it possible that I'm too late?

Posted by
6898 posts

I was able to go onto the official website and it shows that all times on April 13, 2014 for advance online purchases are sold out. I even get a message that the tickets are all sold and to search for other available dates that have tickets available. Here's a link to a picture of what I see on the website.

http://gyazo.com/a13b3530de73c8459c1de158850458b2

I see the first open time on April 22 and a few more on April 23. It appears that they are completely selling out within 48 hours of going on sale 90 days out.

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks, Larry, for double-checking what I found. On the screen shot you posted how can you tell that April 22nd is available, since all the days are in green? Just curious. It will be a shame to be in Paris for a week and not be able to ascend the tower--I guess a few good hours wasted standing in line are in my future! :-)
Cheers.

Posted by
11507 posts

They only presell a small amount of tickets for each time slot.. so yes its very easy to believe the presolds are sold out.

Go get in line for elevators.. or if lines are really long consider taking the stairs. I did it first time in my mid forties. its not as bad as one might think.. Ticket is cheaper for stairs and the line for stairs is always shorter then the line for the elevators. The stairs only go to the second level, but once there you can wait in a line for a ticket to the summit if you choose. Personally having been up ET many times ( every time you go with someone who hasn't been up there ) I think the views from the second level are great. no need to bother going up top.

Posted by
6898 posts

My link above is simply a screen shot. On the live website, I did begin creeping forward one day at a time until I found open times. April 22 had one open time.

Posted by
3 posts

We are going to Paris in March and I just tried to get tickets as described above. But, couldn't get the correct mobile phone format to setup an account to purchase. Does anyone know what the correct format is that the website will accept for USA mobile phone numbers???

Posted by
4 posts

I had the same question about Eiffel Tower tickets! Looking at the site today, it looks like tickets are on sale through the end of June. We're going in July and I'm curious when the July tickets will open up. The whole process seems a little quirky!

Oh, and for a US mobile phone you may need to put the country code in front of it -- the US one is +1 (or you might have to put in 001)

Posted by
3 posts

I've tried the 01, 001 country code and it still wouldn't take it. I think they are looking for a French mobile phone number. Has anyone successfully bought Eiffel Tower tickets from this website, and if so, how did you do it?

Posted by
11507 posts

I have booked and used the Eiffel Tower tickets. You do not need a french phone number, or a mobile phone number, its all about how you enter the numbers .. and sorry I can't remember what the heck I did but I kept playing around .Think about adding either 01 or 001 or just 1 in front of your number. No spaces.

I would book the day my tickets became available.. not sure if its 120 or 90 days out but you could figure that out.

The downside to prebooking,, especially for March is if its rainy or foggy you get no view and you cannot change ticket.. frankly I wouldn't bother .. I would rather wait half an hour then stress about that.. in summer when waits are hours long I would get a ticket if i could.. if not take the stairs like I had to one year.. you will survive.

Posted by
87 posts

I just punched in our dates of June 4th and it said they would be on sale in March.. I think it was march 8th or around then