Please sign in to post.

100 Minute Connection Time at CDG

We are flying from Warsaw to Pittsburgh via Paris (CDG) in October. Due to a flight change, we have an hour and 40 minutes to make the connection at CDG. This will be around 9:00-10:30 in the morning. Should we be okay?

Posted by
7175 posts

It depends if it's a true connection (ie one booking with same or partner airlines), or if you have 2 separate bookings and will need to collect and recheck luggage.

Posted by
7175 posts

I get a little concerned when airlines offer connections of less than 90 minutes, and alarm bells ring when they offer less than 60 minutes. Even if you have a problem, in this case, it should become your airline's issue to solve. Safe flying.

Posted by
1064 posts

If everything goes right, you can make it. But a lot of things could happen to throw you off schedule. If you can change your departure to a later time, you would improve the odds tremendously.

Posted by
2708 posts

Thanks, all. I think I'll take my chances. The flight from Paris to Pittsburgh is the only direct flight we have. If I switch to another flight, well have another connection to make. I'll make sure I know where we're going and keep my fingers crossed.

Posted by
5835 posts

If your connection takes you through a security screening minimize carry on stuff that would look suspicious to avoid rescreening and hand examination. If you can't move quickly with your backpack and/or wheelie consider checking bag in Warsaw.

Posted by
49 posts

Just flew through CDG. It's a massive, crowded airport w/an antiquated bus system connecting between gates/terminals. Keep in mind that Terminal 2 is actually a number of different terminals designated w/letters (L, M etc). Each letter is a different terminal, so you need to know the actual gate no., not just the terminal number. You can't walk between different lettered gates/terminals. I suggest getting a map of the airport before you leave - that could help eliminate confusion. We had about 90 minutes between flights, our first flight was on time (thank goodness), and we still just barely made our connecting flight. Good luck!