Please sign in to post.

Vegetarian in Paris

Traveling to Paris April 2022. One in our party is a vegetarian. In reviewing many restaurants, the entrees are heavily meat and seafood focused. I am looking for a special occasion restaurant featuring French cuisine which includes entrees designed for vegetarians (as opposed to making do and ordering a salad!) We are staying in Le Marais but any fairly centrally located establishment is fine.

Posted by
6875 posts

In Paris, vegeterian cuisine is not a problem anymore. I have a few options in mind in the Marais itself.
For a special occasion, I recently tried the vegetarian menu at Dessance (rue des Archives) and it was quite good!
Nearby, and cheaper, Bonnard (rue des Gravilliers) is both vegan and excellent!
Reservations needed at both places; can be done online.

I haven't tried the Potager du Marais since it moved from rue Rambuteau to Saint Paul, but I assume it is still good as well.

Posted by
3685 posts

Just to clarify, you want a place that has a range of non-vegetarian selections and vegetarian selections, right? Or are you looking for an all vegetarian place? If it is the latter, take a look at Macéo. There are typically 5 options per course and usually two vegetarian (not vegan options) on their menu. Also, take a look at the places at http://jetaimemeneither.com/5-vegetarian-friendly-paris-restaurants-casual-and-cool/.

Posted by
3 posts

Yes I am looking for a restaurant serving French cuisine that offers non vegetarian and vegetarian. Thanks!

Posted by
3685 posts

Semilla is very good restaurant that usually has a number of vegetarian options. With your requirements, I don’t know why I forgot to mention it in my first response. It’s quite nice. https://www.semillaparis.com/. The link I posted and links therein have great suggestions of places for vegetarians and non-vegetarians.

Posted by
2444 posts

Haven’t been yet, but while researching for an upcoming trip, I came across Le Pascade, just south of the Palais Garnier. Sounds like it fits your criteria. EDIT: on my online map, it says Le Pascade has closed permanently.