Please sign in to post.

Tips on how to check in for a 0715 am departure from CDG to FRA

I'm very comfortable with FRA airport but never have flown out of CDG. Any tips on what the protocol is for checking in. I will be flying on Lufthansa from Paris to Frankfurt where I'm connecting to a SFO flight. What time does Lufthansa check in desk open on a Saturday? I will not be checking any luggage and will be leaving my Paris hotel at 4:45 am for my 07:15 am flight. Should I print a boarding pass from my hotel the night before? Where is the check in desk?....I know that I will be in Terminal One. Since I'm not checking my bags, could I just print a boarding pass and go directly through security? Nervous about missing my International Flight home!

Posted by
8293 posts

easycdg.com may help to allay your fears.

Posted by
57 posts

Thanks Norma, that is a very helpful webpage. It looks like I posted my question under France Reviews....didn't mean to.

Posted by
3580 posts

T1 at cdg is huge. Print your boarding pass in advance and it should (might) tell you where to go at the airport. It is possible to do a lot of walking if you feel lost.

Posted by
57 posts

Thanks Swan, I will try and print my boarding pass at the hotel before I depart. I have read how horrible CDG is and I don't speak any French and will be alone so could be confusing to me especially that early in the morning. This will be my first visit to France. I am a seasoned European traveler but always travel through the Frankfurt Airport without any problems.

Posted by
703 posts

CDG is a massive airport, very busy at all times. It will be helpful to precheck in & print out your boarding pass if you can. We didn't since we were in apartments but found the airline personnel very helpful (Air France and Air Canada). Just give yourself plenty of time.

Posted by
57 posts

Thanks Diana, the one thing that I was trying to figure out is if I check in online and preprint my boarding pass can I just go through security and to the boarding gate without having to stand in line at the check in counter that is outside of security. I'm not checking any luggage.

Posted by
57 posts

Thanks to everyone for your help. I have found the answer to my question on the Lufthansa Website. You can print a boarding pass online up to 23 hours before your flight. When you arrive at the airport you can go directly through security and to your boarding gate if you aren't checking luggage.

Posted by
9564 posts

Actually T1 isn't as huge as T2. At least T1 is its own separate building, away from all the T2 terminals. To me, there are parts of T2 that should have different names, they're so far from each other. T1 is just one big round building. Kathleen -- if you know you need T1, you've already won half the battle. Sometimes it's hard to figure out which terminal you need at CDG! So if you've already done that research, you're ahead of the game.