I just stayed at the 25Hours Hotel this past week and was quite pleased. I chose it instead of my usual Paris hotels because I was arriving at Gare du Nord for just 1 night in Paris and trying to be efficient with my time. After staying here 1 night, here are the reasons I would not hesitate to return:
- The hotel is directly across from the front exit of Gare du Nord, and there is a Metro stop just outside the hotel entrance.
- Each staff member I interacted with was efficient and pleasant.
- The manager is continually present in the lobby. When I left the next morning for the airport, he took my bags, called the taxi, got the bags to the taxi, and instructed the driver. All I had to do was get in with my purse!
- The price wasn't the cheapest, but decent for Paris.
- My single room was smallish, but average size for Paris, clean, and very well appointed. Bathroom was lovely and new.
- The other guests were couples and families with small children plus a few business travelers, all very respectable.
- The hotel restaurant was proper and the one item I had was well presented and tasty. I also ate with friends just next door at the Terminus Nord, and had good food and service.
- The African decor theme was very unique, not your standard bland look.
On the down side, the area can be a bit sketchy after dark, so being alone I took a cab back to the hotel after dinner. Otherwise I felt very comfortable there.
Thumbs up to a moderately priced hotel that gave 5 star service!