Please sign in to post.

Paris hotel

I’m looking for recommendations for a hotel near Rue Cler. One that is clean and beds are comfortable. Good breakfast, not continental.

Posted by
11315 posts

We frequently stay at the Hotel Relais Bosquet. We have been there 4 or 5 times and very happy with cleanliness, breakfast, and staff.

Posted by
13934 posts

I'd agree with Laurel on the Relais Bosquet. Although I am not a breakfast eater, it has the best breakfast I've seen in a hotel in the Rue Cler area. They always have a hot egg dish, probably some kind of meat, usually sauteed mushrooms along with the basic croissant, baguette, cereals, yogurt, fruit, cold cuts. I've stayed there a couple of times and the beds were quite comfortable and the rooms quiet, even the ones facing the street.

The Hotel Muguet has the next best breakfast but it might be too much on the continental side for you. They have a hot egg dish but the stellar thing here is the orange juice squeezer machine, lol. They are often at the fruit stands but not always in a hotel! This hotel has the nicest linens...sheets and towels are really nice.

Did you have any hotels in mind?

Posted by
844 posts

There are several good joints on Rue Cler serving fuller breakfasts, eggs and such (Cafe Central on Rue Cler, Cafe Roussillon up the street). One of our favorites is the Le Bosquet (I think that is the name) at the corner of Avenue Bosquet and Rue du Champ de Mars, also an excellent place for lunch and dinner. No shortage of places to get a good, reasonably priced breakfast.

Our favorite hotel in the area is the Le Bourdonnais, on the street of the same name.