Please sign in to post.

paris hostel

traveling to paris in august, looking for recommendations for a good hostel in the center of the city near the sights. solo traveler, woman in mid-30's.

Posted by
11507 posts

A young worker stayed at the St Christophers Inn.. she said is was fine.. there are two.. she stayed at the one on the Canal St Martin.

I have also heard lots of good reports about the MIJE hostel.

And there is a good budget hotel that has a shared kitchen.. and has some rooms with shared toilets and showers.. so hostel like.. it has excellent reviews..and I know the area its in and its a great area.. Hotel Mariganan www.hotel-marignan.com/ Single room in August with shared toilet is 63 euros.. with private toilet 72 euros. August is a good time price wise as its mid season priced.. not high season priced..

Posted by
32742 posts

I don't stay at hostels but I was very happy staying at the Holiday Inn Express which shares the building with the St Christopher's Hostel mentioned above on the canal.

It isn't in the centre of Paris but extremely easy to get to as there are two Métro lines nearby and good bus service. The location is really good and scenic, and very quiet.

Posted by
185 posts

I have 2 different hostels reserved for my upcoming trip to Paris in September. Not having stayed at either yet, I can't completely recommend them, but I did lots of research before choosing these, there are great reviews for both and the locations/prices seemed right for me (early 30s solo female traveler). The first is Generator Hostel. There are locations in different cities and I have stayed at one of the others and it was great. The second is Les Piaules. They both seem to be higher end hostels. The Generator is a little less expensive at about 35 euros a night, while Les Piaules was around 50 a night, I think. I hope you find something that fits your needs!